(This role will be split between San Mateo and San Francisco)
Our client is one of the thought leaders of the gaming world in California. Established in 2001 they have received over $260m in funding and their data team is at the cutting edge of technology. As they build out new products they are expanding the analytics team so if you love data, and maybe even mobile games, then this could be the perfect fit.
You will work closely with Game Designers & Product Managers to transform subjective discussions about product into concise analytic questions that deliver actionable answers. You will take a leadership role in managing studio relationships, mentoring junior analysts & shaping the evolution of our analytics infrastructure. This is a high visibility role that will have a direct impact on the success of some of their biggest titles.
· For this role, we are looking for someone with strong business/product acumen & technical foundation.
· Work with game teams to measure and optimize performance of titles in beta and after worldwide launch.
· Using state of the art big data tools such as Hive, Presto and Redshift, to sift through billions of rows of data to answer challenging business questions.
· Help design and analyze AB and multivariate experiments.
· Using Tableau to build dashboards that allow game teams to self serve custom data for their titles.
· Collaborate with game team to define telemetry of titles.
· Continuously learn new technologies that advance analytic function at Glu
· Bachelors/Masters Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
· 3+ years experience as analyst, data scientist, or related quantitative role.
· High proficiency with SQL, especially in distributed environments (Hive/Presto).
· Comfortable in UNIX, Python.
· Understanding of statistical analysis and familiarity with core statistical functions.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills.
· Passion for aggressively finding opportunity in data.
· Passion for gaming.
· Experience with Hadoop, HP Vertica, and other big data technologies.
· Experience with statistical packages such as R or SAS.
· Predictive analytics or machine learning experience